Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

So, Father's Day is a little different in our house. We celebrate Grandpa's Day, since Ryan isn't with us. Yesterday, after Tate tested we were able to celebrate with Grandpa Ron. We had a great dinner out at this awesome BBQ place. YUMMY! Then, tonite we headed down to surprise my dad. Oh, was he surprised as the kids and I creeped up the stairs at 11pm, and suddenly shouted out "Happy Father's Day"!!! He was speechless. We are excited to spend a few days with Papa & Grammy.

Since it is Father's Day, I wanted to give tribute to Ryan...What an AMAZING DAD!


No one could ever replace him. But, God is faithful. He has/will continue to make provisions when there are gaps, as a result of our loss.

God has so richly blessed our lives. Even though Ry is gone. God has not failed us in leaving a void in our lives. Instead He has provided many wonderful, amazing, and Godly men to step in and fill those empty places that we need filled. Ryan had so many close family and friends, each with different gifts, talents, and strengths. I feel like my children are getting to know the character of their father through the different guys that are investing time in my kids. There are no words that can beginning to express my thankfulness, graditude, appreciation, and joy. Thank you for allowing God to use you in blessing me and the kids. God is so good to supply us with the desires of our hearts.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Love you lots my friend and said a prayer for you and the kiddos as I know it is so hard not to have Ryan to celebrate this day with!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today, Stacie, and hope that it was a joyful day to remember Ryan and celebrate Grandpas, too.

Unknown said...

As usual you have brought tears to my eyes ... what an inspiration you are! Truth be told I think it was your song choice :-) Thanks for sharing you life with us. LOVE YOU!

chelaners said...

God bless you, stacie. i can't stay on here & watch this slideshow or this strange clear stuff will start drippin down my face!

miss you.

Kristy said...

Stace, I just wanted you to know that you came to my mind this Father's Day knowing that it would be difficult and I did pray for you. Your site brought tears to my eyes as I looked over the pictures of your moments with Ryan as a family, but I am so grateful for how you were able to make Father's Day special and something exciting for the kids. God truly has given you great wisdom in leading your family Stace...I am always so amazed. I love you Stace!

Love, Kristy