Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009

I can't believe it's 2009! It was 8years ago today that Ry & I found out we were pregnant with Tayah. I took a pregnancy test while we were at a youth event, grabbed Ry at the stroke of midnight and went outside so we could find out together. I'll never forget that day, it was such an exciting time. Okay, enough of the old times, let's talk about what's new...

I got up this morning, and was able to have some quiet time while the kids slept in, since they were up till 1am bringing in the new year. I've been going through this devotional book, Streams in the Desert. Much of it deals with grief and dry desert times in our lives. Yet, it ALWAYS leaves me smiling. Trusting and knowing God's in control. I know I've got nothing to worry about. Today's entry talked about the hills in our life. Life would be so boring w/o the ups and downs we face. God uses the hills and valleys we face to grow us into the people He desires us to be. My prayer is that as I endure these times, I would always walk through it with Christ leading the way.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Love it! Keep pressing forward my friend - God has an amazing plan for you!

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear you are reading Streams. It has been part of my daily devotion for many years now. God Bless you!